Kathmandu Tour Fixed Dates
July , August ,SeptemberMore Itinerary Duration : 12 Nights / 13 Days
Destinations : Kathmandu - Border - Nyalam - Dongba - Mansarovar - Darchen
Day 01 : Arrival in Kathmandu
Arrival in the capital of the Himalayan Kingdom of Nepal. Transfer to hotel for rest. Overnight stay.
Day 02 : Kathmandu – Border
Visit the holy temples of Pashupatinath & temple Lunch Proceed to the border and Overnight stay at Kodari border
BOOK YOUR TOUR
Day 03 : Kathmandu – Nyalam 3750 m (150kms)
Breakfast at the Guest house and than clear . The custom and immigration formalities are completed here and the Friendship Bridge is crossed on foot. The pilgrims are then transferred on to Bus from Tibet. The accompanying Nepalese Sherpas get into the waiting trucks after loading the food materials, sleeping bags, gas, water, etc. and the onward journey into the Tibetan/ Chinese region continues. En route the town of Zhangmu (2200m) necessitates a halt for Chinese customs checking and clearance. Lunch would be served at this border town and the Chinese Yuan could be obtained for personal expenses. Then we proceed to the small town of Nyalam (3750m) for an overnight stay in a lodge.
Day 04 : Nyalam – Day free for acclimatization
Relax the whole day and get acclimatized to the high altitude. Hiking around and slow walk down the market place would be ideal for the mind and body. Overnight stay.
Day 05 : Nyalam – Dongba
Drive through dusty roads and mountainous terrain and relish the marvelous view of the huge and bluish lake Pieko-Tso. The YarlongTsangpo (Brahmaputra River). is crossed over a bridge and after steering through rough roads; we enter a river valley with scattered villages. The landscape gradually changes to the high plains of Tibet, soft, beautiful and photogenic. We continue on, past the turn-off for the northern route, and arrive at the settlement of Dongba (4840m.). Stay overnight in a lodge.
Day 06 : Dongba - Mansarovar 4558 m ( 450kms )
We drive through some high passes traversing the amazing Tibetan Landscape. We pass the village of Zhongba before arriving at Paryang (4575m). The panoramas are some of the most beautiful on our journey.
On the way we drive across some huge plains, then some rivers and pass some camping spots favored by truck drivers. The climb to the Mayum La is initially gentle but the top section is steep. The reward is a magnificent panorama that continues as we drop down and pass the stunning Mayum-Tso Lake. 80km further we camp close to the shores of the serene Lake ManasSarovar and look across to the magnificent GurlaMandhata (Memo Nani, 7694m). The view of Mount Kailash is breathtaking, inspiring and inviting. Overnight at Mud House.
Day 07 : Mansarovar Parikrama - Darchen
The day will be spent at ManasSarovar, exploring the fascinating area. We drive and trek to the picturesque Chiu Monastery on the northwest shore of the lake. After the Parikrama of the Divine Lake on wheels, a holy dip will not only cleanse the body but also purify the soul. After a short drive we reach the foothills of Mount Kailash, Darchen(4575m). All those desirous of hiring horses, or horse owners yaks and yak men for personal use during the Parikrama can do so after bargaining with the yak men. Getting early to bed will ensure a fresh beginning to the 32 miles circumambulation of the Holy Mount Kailash. Overnight at Guest House.
Day 08 : Darchen – Tarboche – Dirapuk
Early morning we leave in our jeeps for the Parikrama and are dropped 7kms away at Shersong, where our yak team joins us. After loading all our essentials on the yaks we begin our trek through green meadows and streams with Mount Kailash towering nearby. The pilgrims who do not wish to undertake the Parikrama can return and relax on the banks of the ManasSarovar Lake. The trekkers follow the river that enters a narrow canyon with high, steep cliffs and spectacular waterfalls. Continuing up the valley, the north face of Kailashjee comes into view before we reach a 13th century monastery at Dira-puk (4910m). We camp at a site overlooking the magnificent and soul-stirring waterfall originating from the Spiritual Mountain. Overnight at Mud House
Day 09 : Dirapuk – Zuthulpuk
This trek is over the Droma La to Zutul-phuk (4795m) or nearby. We now leave the Lha Chu Valley and enter the Drolma La (5490m). It is a tough climb to the prayer-flag festooned summit but from where it is all-downhill. We pass above the Lake of Compassion (GauriKund /ThupkeDzingbu Lake), which is one of the highest Lake in the world. Depending on how people feel, we camp in the valley below the pass or at the monastery at Zutul-Phuk, where there are several meditation caves and also a cave containing an image of Milarepa. Overnight at MudHouse.
Day 10 : Zuthulpuk- Darchen – Dongba
On the final day of the Parikrama/kora we cross several streams, and follow an impressive gorge. Along the way we are once again treated to magnificent views of Mount Kailash. We then leave the valleys for the Bharka plains and is about an hour's walk through this desert-like landscape to Darchen and further to Manasarovar. Drive Continue to Dongba, over night at Dongba.
BOOK YOUR TOUR
Day 11 : Dongba to Nyalam
Leaving Saga, we cross the bridge over YarlungTsangpo (Brahmaputra River) and continue our journey across the vast open plains. There are stunning Himalayan views, particularly of Shishapangma and the Pieko-Tso Lake. Overnight halt at Nyalam.
Day 12 : Nyalam Katmandu
Cascading waterfalls lace the drive from Nyalam towards the Nepalese-Tibetan border joined by the Friendship Bridge. After a short halt at Zhangmu, where the Tibetans offer to change any spare Yuan into Nepalese Rupees, we drive down to Kodari. We thank our Tibetan guide and drivers and offer them a token of love and gratitude in the form of tips or gifts. We cross the bridge over the BhoteKosi River, walk to the Nepalese immigration control in Kodari, complete the re-entry formalities and get transferred to our hotel in Kathmandu. This should take about 5 hours depending on the road and weather conditions.
Day 13 : Katmandu End
Transfer to the airport for the flight back home
Cost of Above Package: Ex Kathmandu
Air Fare Exclude
- All pickup and drop including in Nepal and Tibet i.e. from Airport to airport.
- nights’ accommodation in Kathmandu at hotel on twin sharing room with vegetarian meals.
- Half day Sightseeing/Guided tour in Kathmandu with English speaking guide.
- Tibet permit/ visa and necessary document to travel to Tibet.
- Accommodations in Tibet on group sharing basis using guesthouse and Mud houses.
- Supporting crew including our own experienced cook.
- Freshly cooked vegetarian meals 3 times a day i.e. Hot breakfast and hot and warm dinner and packed Lunch.
- English speaking Tibetan guide TTB approved guide.
- An experienced Team Leader (co-coordinator) with each group.
- Permits for Manasarovar and KailashKora (Parikrama).
- Transportation by A/c bus.
- Mattress, dinning tent, kitchen tent, kitchen utensils, etc
- Duffle bag (big bag for keeping personal clothes and equipments)
- Small bag pack to carry water bottle and camera.
- Gambo bag, ENOUGH Oxygen cylinder and Pillowfor entire tour/ Yatra.
- Yaks and Yak-men to carry baggage, food, fuel etc while going for Parikrama/Kora (Circumnutating Mt. Kailash)
- Two bottle drinking water per individual per day.
- Personal Pony/horse, horse man, helper charges which is approximately USD 300 to USD 340, just to remind it is non refundable like suppose use it for a day will not get refund.
- Personal Insurance. Please be sure we do the evacuation but bill comes to you.
- Personal expenses like shopping, phone call, extra bottled drinks, Laundry etc.
- In case of cancellation from your side, cancellation charge as per the Tibet agent policy.
- Additional cost due to Natural calamities like landslide, flight delays and unforeseen circumstances beyond our control.
- Reduction of days in Tibet and re-shedulation the trip you will not have refunded. We have to follow the agreements of Tibet agency.
- Tips to drivers, hotel staff, guide and supporting crews.